Our goal is to create a thriving and interactive community around everything barbecue. From the recreational, backyard 'cuers to the pros who compete at The Memphis in May World Championship Barbecue Cooking Competition every year and those who just like to eat the stuff, we're going to offer something for everyone.
Here are a few features to check out while your browsing our site
- State of Q & A - Weekly interviews with some of the giants of barbecue.
- Recipes - make sure to check out our recipe listings. Have one of your own you'd like to share? Make sure to scroll down to the bottom and click the link "New Recipe"
- Restaurants - browse through our restaurant listings for the best barbecue joints in town. Make sure to leave a review as well so that others will know how good/bad your experience was
- News/Events - with the power of the Commercial Appeal behind us, the State of Q will always have the latest barbecue news and events from Memphis and the surrounding areas.
- Community - make sure to stop by our message boards and share your favorite barbecue stories and experiences.
Also make sure to let us know what you would like to see in a barbecue site. This website is for you guys, so if have any ideas, let us know. Hope you enjoy the new site!