- 2 1 lb. slabs baby-back ribs
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 2 tsp. minced ginger root
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1/2 c chicken broth
- 3/4 tsp. chili powder
- 3 tbsp. chili-flavored jam
- 1/4 c tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. prepared yellow mustard
- 1 salt and pepper
- Place ribs on foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare barbecue sauce.
- Add gingerroot and onion; saute 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, chili powder, jam, tomato paste and mustard; simmer 5 minutes.
- Mixture should be hot and sweet. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove ribs from oven after 45 minutes and baste with all of the sauce.
- Bake another 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Serve as slabs or cut into individual ribs. Serves 2.
- NOTE: Chili-flavored jam is available in many specialty food stores. If you can't find it, use strawberry jam mixed with 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes.